Sheffield Presbyterian Church
Sheffield Presbyterian Church now meets at the historic Hill Top Chapel (HTC) in Attercliffe. HTC was built in 1629 by English Puritans who desired to worship the Lord twice on Sunday and hold to the regulative principle of worship. It is now the second oldest building in Sheffield, the first being the Cathedral.
HTC is just across the road from the English Institute of Sport and is less than a five minutes’ walk from the nearest tram stop. We have a car park onsite and are only minutes from the Ring Road. HTC is also easily accessible by tram and bus. Below are details of how to find us:
Find all of our most recent service times.
We are only 12 minutes by tram from the city centre on the yellow line towards Meadowhall. Get off at the Arena/Don Valley Stadium stop and walk towards Coleridge Road (to the left of the tram stop). Pass by the English Institute of Sport and HTC is directly across the road. There is a gate just by the side of the road. Click on the map below to access Google Maps for more directions.
The Church is situated on a major bus route. The Bus X1, X78 and 74 all regularly stop at HTC and the bus stop is only steps from the front gate. Take the bus from Sheffield Bus Interchange (or Arundel Gate) and get off at Attercliffe Common (opposite the English Institute of Sport).
Buses are accessible to Hill Top Chapel from Rotherham, Doncaster and Sheffield City Centre. Click Here to access the Travel South Yorkshire website, for more details on routes, buses and travel times.